Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Quantifying place: Analyzing the drivers of pedestrian activity in dense urban environments, Lai, Y. and Kontokosta, C., Landscape and Urban Planning, Vol. 180, 2018.
- Neighborhood for Playing: Using GPS, GIS, and Accelerometry to Delineate Areas within which Youth are Physically Active, Urban Studies 2013; 1(18). – Yin L, Raja S, Li X, Lai Y, Epstein L, Roemmich J.
Peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings
- A Dynamic Spatial-Temporal Model of Urban Carbon Emissions for Data-Driven Climate Action by Cities. Kontokosta, Constantine E., Yuan Lai, Bartosz Bonczak, Sokratis Papadopoulos, Boyeong Hong, Awais Malik, and Nicholas Johnson. Proceedings of the Bloomberg Data for Good Exchange 2018, New York, NY.
- Analyzing the Drivers of Pedestrian Activity at High Spatial Resolution, Lai,Y. and Kontokosta, C., Conference Proceedings, 2017 Conference ASCE International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure, New York, 2017.
- Measuring the Impact of Urban Street Trees on Air Quality and Respiratory Illness: A Data-Driven Approach to Environmental Justice. Lai Y and Kontokosta C. Proceedings of the Bloomberg Data for Good Exchange 2017, New York, NY.
- Integrating non-clinical data with EHRs. Lai Y, Salgueiro F, Stone DJ. In: MIT Critical Data Group, editors. Secondary analysis of electronic health records. Cham: Springer International Publishing AG; 2016.
- Pulling It All Together: Envisioning a Data-Driven, Ideal Care System. Stone D, Rousseau J, Lai Y. In: MIT Critical Data Group, editors. Secondary analysis of electronic health records. Cham: Springer International Publishing AG; 2016.
Invited Panels, Presentations, and Media Coverage
- “Arrival House: an Integrated Co-Living Model for New Arrivals to NYC”, American Planning Association New York Metro Annual Conference, New York City, November 2018
- “Big Data for Local Climate Change”, MetroLab Network Summit, Newark, October 2018
- “Applied Analytics in Cities”, Taipei Medical University School of Management, Taipei, October 2018
- “Design for Arrival: A co-live housing scenario”, Urban Design Forum, New York, March 2018
- “Informatics for business improvement district operation: Grand Central Partnership”, conference panel, Bloomberg Data for Good Exchange Immersion Day, Bloomberg L.P., October 2017
- “Data for Good: Bloomberg supports data scientists’ work with nonprofits and municipalities to solve real-world problems” by NYC Media Lab on October 2017
- “Measuring the impact of urban street trees on air quality and respiratory illness”, conference presentation, Bloomberg Data for Good Exchange, October 2017
- “Data interface with AR in future work environment”, Tech at Bloomberg, August 2017
- “Bloomberg AR Fellows Prototype Possible Future for Augmented Reality in the Enterprise”, Tech at Bloomberg, August 2017
- “Analyzing the drivers of pedestrian activity at high spatial resolution”, International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructure, American Society Of Civil Engineers, 2017
- “Urban informatics and interpretable data”, Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation, Columbia University, February 2017
- “Students Develop Tech Ideas into Reality at HackNYU 2016”, featured in NYU, March 2016
- “Urban Design with Big Data”, MIT Senseable City Lab, July 2014